WHO CAN VOTE IN THE ELECTION?
You can vote in this election if:
- You are a U.S. Citizen
- You are at least 18 years old
- You have lived in Teton County, Idaho, for at least 30 days; and
- You are registered to vote
HOW DO I REGISTER?
To register prior to the election:
Complete a voter registration card and submit it in person to the County Clerk's office at least 25 days prior to the election. Cards may be obtained from the County Clerk’s office or by downloading from www.IdahoVotes.gov/vinfo.htm (You may mail your voter registration card, but it must be postmarked at least 25 days prior to the election and must include a copy of a current, valid photo ID.)
Be sure to answer all questions on the registration card before signing and dating the card.
To register at the polls:
- Go to your correct polling place (Precinct #1 will vote at the Victor LDS Church; Precinct #2 will vote at the MD Nursery Education Center; Precinct #3 will vote in the Commissioners Meeting Room at the New Courthouse; Precinct #4 will vote at the Tetonia LDS Church). Call 354-8780 to verify your precinct, or view the precinct information below.
- Complete a voter registration card.
- Show your Idaho Driver's License with current physical address; or
Show a photo ID and a document showing your name and
current physical address (e.g. phone bill, other utility bill, certificate of auto insurance, etc.)
HOW DO I VOTE ABSENTEE?
Anyone may vote by absentee ballot prior to election day, but must complete a written application to obtain a ballot. Absentee ballots are generally available 45 days before an election
If you are a Teton County resident currently out of town:
- Obtain an absentee ballot application by calling (208) 354-8780
or downloading from www.IdahoVotes.gov/vinfo.htm
- Complete the application and return it to the County Clerk by mail or fax.
You will be mailed an Absentee Ballot.
- Follow instructions to complete the Ballot and mail it back to the Clerk.
- Absentee ballots must be returned by 8 pm on Election Day
- Start this process early enough to allow time for multiple mailings!
If you are in Teton County:
- Go to the Teton County Courthouse and complete an absentee ballot application.
You will be given an Absentee Ballot.
- Vote and submit your completed ballot. (If you prefer to vote at home, the ballot must be mailed to you.)
- Unregistered voters may register at the Courthouse and vote absentee at the same time (if ballots are available).
WHERE DO I VOTE? ALL POLLING PLACES HAVE CHANGED FOR 2010!
THERE ARE FOUR PRECINCTS IN TETON COUNTY - Please review the precinct boundaries shown on this map (click to view) and described in this document (click to view). All boundaries follow the centerline of a road or creek.
- Precinct #1 (Victor) will vote at the Victor LDS Church located at 87 East Center in Victor
- Precinct #2 (Victor-Driggs) will vote at the MD Nursery Education Center located at 2389 South Highway 33
- Precinct #3 (Driggs-Tetonia) will vote in the Commissioners Meeting room in the County Courthouse located at 150 Courthouse Drive
- Precinct #4 (Tetonia) will vote at the Tetonia LDS Church located at 6181 S. Main in Tetonia